Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to the operation and function of Australian Fitness Management Pty Ltd, an Australian registered company and the Global Franchisor of Plus Fitness as well as its International Master Franchisees, Franchisees, subsidiaries, affiliates, and associated companies (Plus Fitness) regardless of their location in the world.
Nothing in these terms and conditions, limit any rights you may have under the Trade Practices Act, Fair Trading Act, any other Commonwealth or State Legislation or any other such laws in the region where the Plus Fitness you attend is located or the region referenced by the Plus Fitness website.
Any terms or conditions that create an inconsistency with any legislation are considered void to the extent of the inconsistency.
This agreement applies to all customers who make a purchase either in a Plus Fitness gym or via a Plus Fitness website, or any website that has Plus Fitness products on it and refers to these terms and conditions, or any other avenue that Plus Fitness uses for retail purposes provided the other avenue refers to these terms and conditions. Plus Fitness has no obligation to issue a ‘tax invoice’ unless the customer requests one or it is the law within the region where the Plus Fitness I located.
Plus Fitness is not liable for any of its products that have been on-sold by a customer to a third party.
Website Terms and Conditions
The content of the pages of this website are for your general information and use only. All content is subject to change without notice.
Neither Plus Fitness nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found on this website. Where we, Plus Fitness, make our best endeavors to avoid errors, you acknowledge that such information on this website may from time to time contain inaccuracies and we expressly exclude liability for any such situation where this may occur.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which Plus Fitness shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Plus Fitness. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that Plus Fitness endorses the website(s). Plus Fitness has no responsibility for the content of any linked website(s).
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without prior written consent .
Membership Terms and Conditions – Plus Fitness Australia
1. You agree to abide by the rules of conduct, behaviour, dress code, equipment usage and use of services within all Plus Fitness clubs. You recognise that you understand these rules and that they have been provided to you by way of a Plus Fitness Welcome Booklet and at times are displayed in the club.
2. You agree that the membership fees are not refundable and understand that non usage of the club does not allow for early termination of this agreement nor does it warrant a refund of any type. You also agree and understand that any non usage of the club does not affect any of the terms of this agreement and that Plus Fitness is in no way responsible for your level of usage nor is it responsible to notify you of your usage at any stage.
3. You are able to place your membership on temporary Time Hold. Time Hold is for a minimum period of 2 weeks (1 payment) and a maximum period of three months (6 payments) in each year. Each year commences on the anniversary of your joining date. Requests for Time Hold must be done in person at your home club.
4. You may transfer your membership to another person who must fulfil the membership term set out in this agreement. This must be done in person at your home club.
5. If you breach any terms of this agreement or act in a way we deem inappropriate, we may suspend or cancel your membership or restrict your access from certain Plus Fitness clubs. If any such breach causes us or another person costs, loss or damage, you agree to pay for these.
6. Facilities and services may change without prior notice and will vary by location. Any such changes will not affect the terms of this agreement.
7. You understand that under no circumstances are you permitted to bring children into the club nor are you permitted to leave children unattended in the club and if you do, you recognise that Plus Fitness accepts no responsibility for the safety or wellbeing of any such children.
8. If your membership permits the use of any other Plus Fitness club and your visits exceed 60% at any other club in any given month, or any other period, your membership may be transferred to that club. If your Membership is transferred to another club, your Membership Fees may be varied to reflect those which are applicable at the other club. In this instance the club your membership is transferred to will be known as your ‘home club’.
9. You recognise and understand that if you provide access to any Plus Fitness club for any person other than you, using your access card or key fob, whether they are a member or non-member, whether they exercise or do not exercise, whether they are known to you or are not known to you, that you may be charged a $250 penalty which will be automatically charged using your payment details provided and that you may also have your membership immediately cancelled.
10. You fully understand and accept that if you intentionally activate a Duress Button or a Personal Duress Lanyard for any reason that is deemed as inappropriate use that you may be charged a $250 penalty which will be automatically charged using your payment details provided and that you may also have your membership immediately cancelled.
11. Club premises have CCTV security cameras recording, in most cases, 24 hours a day (except in bathrooms) and may have remote video or other guarding services. This system is used for security purposes but does not guarantee against harm. You should contact your club if you have questions on this.
12. You acknowledge and recognise the inherent risks of injury or ill health resulting from use of the services and from participation in exercise generally. In consideration of participation in activities within a Plus Fitness you agree to release and indemnify the Franchisee of Plus Fitness and any company associated with Plus Fitness. You agree to participate in all activities at your own risk and responsibility whether supervised or not by staff. You agree to release and hold harmless the Franchisee of any Plus Fitness and any associated parties from and against all actions which may be bought by you or on behalf of you in respect of any incident arising out of injury, loss, damage or death caused to you or your property in any way what so ever.
13. At Plus Fitness we take your privacy seriously. We do not pass your information onto any other business. If you do not wish to receive email, sms or mail correspondence from us regarding your membership, special offer, promotions or your health then please send us an email or letter confirming that you wish to unsubscribe for such methods of communication.
14. Your membership is subject to a 7 day cooling off period this commences at the close of business on the “Commencement Date” and ends at close of business on the 7th day after the “Commencement Date”. New members have the right to cancel their membership within the cooling off period if they are not completely satisfied with the services provided. All monies will be refunded on a pro rata basis, based on services utilised. All cooling off cancellations must be done by completing a ‘Plus Fitness cancellation form in person at your Plus Fitness home club. This excludes Queensland and Western Australia which is subject to a 48 hour cooling off period.
15. You recognise that your access card or key fob is non refundable on cancelling your membership and that you must purchase a new access card or key fob if you lose or
damage the one purchased by you or, supplied to you at the time of joining.
16. If you have joined on a membership that is not a Standard Membership, such as Junior, Off Peak, or any other membership type and your circumstances change to not make you eligible for this membership type, then your membership may be changed to the Standard Membership and the membership fees amended accordingly. In this event you will be notified of this occurrence via sms or email using the details provided by you.
17. You are responsible for notifying Plus Fitness if your contact details change. Failure to do so has no bearing on any of the terms of this agreement.
18. Please note: If you are under 18 years of age, you will need a Parent/Guardian to sign a consent form in person at your nominated club prior to commencing your membership.
19. At the conclusion of the minimum number of fortnightly payments, the payment will continue until terminated with fourteen days notice (one final payment). Termination of the payments must be done by completing a Plus Fitness Cancellation Form in person at your Plus Fitness Home Club. It is the members responsibility to cancel the payment after the minimum term.
20. As a member of Plus Fitness you are entitled to a complimentary Fitness Assessment and tailored Fitness Program. During this session we will teach you how to use all of the relevant equipment in a safe and effective way. In singing this Membership Agreement you recognise that this service has been offered to you.
Direct Debit Request Service Agreement
1. General Terms- You recognise that Direct Debit payments are managed and debited on behalf of Plus Fitness by a third party billing agent (PaySmart). You also recognise that the third party billing agent Service Agreement forms part of this overall agreement and all points are fully understood.
2. You understand that membership rates are reviewed periodically and may increase. This is regardless of the contracted amount or contract term. You understand that members will be notified a minimum of 30 days prior to any such membership rate increase by way of signage displayed within the club.
3. Late Payment Fee- It is your responsibility to ensure cleared funds are available in your nominated bank account or credit card to meet the direct debit payment. If a debit is returned unpaid by your financial institution, you will be responsible for payment of the debit plus an additional $15.00 for return fees and administrative costs incurred by PaySmart (Debit User). If PaySmart (Debit User) has not received instruction to the contrary from you, we will debit both the next due payment and any overdue amounts on your next scheduled debit date.
4. Privacy- The Customer acknowledges that: a) PaySmart is entitled to store his or her personal information (whether received from the Customer, the club or otherwise on its systems, and use it for the purposes of administering this Agreement, providing its products and services, or offering alternative products and services; b) he or she has rights of access to, and correction of, his or her information under the Privacy Act 1993; and c) PaySmart (or the club) may contact the Customer for any purpose related to the provision of its products and services.
5. Debt Collection Action- The Customer: a) Authorises PaySmart to notify any debt collection or credit reporting agency upon default by the Customer in regard to any obligation to pay under this Direct Debit Request; b) agrees to immediately pay the full outstanding balance of the remainder of the payments due, including any current arrears, should a default occur prior to this Direct Debit request terminating; c) may be liable for any costs associated with the recovery of your overdue account, this may include, but is not limited to the following; legal fees, interest and mercantile agency collection cost.
6. Weekend and National Public Holidays- When a debit day falls on a weekend and/or a national public holiday all debits for that weekend or national public holiday will be processed on the PREVIOUS WORKING DAY. If unsure, you should contact PaySmart (Debit User).
7. Authority- This authority shall stand pursuant to the terms and conditions of any contractual agreement between you and the business named overleaf. The administration only of this authority is conducted by PaySmart (Debit User) acting as a billing agent for the business. The services provided by PaySmart are administrative only and do not extend to the provision of any services or benefits provided by the business/club.
8. Direct Debit from Bank Accounts- Direct debiting through is not available on all bank accounts. You are advised to check your account details against a recent statement from your financial institution. If uncertain you should check with your financial institution before completing the Direct Debit Request.
9. Refunds- All enquiries in relation to refunds must be directed to the business named overleaf.
10. PaySmart (Debit User) will communicate to me/us from time to time. To ensure communication reaches me/us it is important PaySmart (Debit User) is supplied by me/us with a valid email address and mobile phone number. Failure to supply a valid email address and a mobile phone number will prevent PaySmart (Debit User) from contacting me/ us regarding important information concerning my account.
11. In signing this Direct Debit Request, I /we accept the conditions outlined in PaySmart’s Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) in its entirety. PaySmart (Debit User) will email the PDS to me/us and, if this is not received, I/we acknowledge that I/we have accessed, read and understood the PDS on the PaySmart website: www.paysmart.com.au.
Please submit any complaints via email to [email protected]. Please include all detail relating to your complaint. We will do all that is reasonably and practicably possible to assess the merits of the complaint and respond within a reasonable timeframe.
Your use of this website, any Plus Fitness gym or facility and any dispute arising from such use is subject to the laws of India.
Any Current Notices
Plus Fitness would like to advise both its existing and new members that the reference to "no contracts" in regards to membership is intended to read "no lock in contracts". We are in the process of amending our advertising to correct this statement.
All members are required to enter into a Membership Agreement however there is no minimum term as members are free to cancel their membership at any time with 14 days prior notice.
Please refer to the terms of the Membership Agreement which can be obtained at your nearest Plus Fitness gym as well as on this webpage.
Any Current National Promotions Terms and Conditions
Plus Fitness “Cruise Into July” Terms and Conditions.
Australian Fitness Management Pty Ltd TA Plus Fitness ABN 88 126 140 181 whose registered office is at 16/1 Exchange Parade, Narellan, 2567 (Plus Fitness) is the promoter of the “Cruise Into July” Marketing Campaign (the Promotion). You can contact us by telephoning 02 4648 2099 or by writing to us at Plus Fitness, PO Box 76, Camden, 2570 or by sending us an email to [email protected]. By referring a person as part of this Promotion, you are deemed to accept the following terms:
- This Campaign start at 00:01 on 1st July 2019 and closes at 23:59 on 31st July 2019 (the “Promotion Dates”).
- Entrants to this Promotion must: a) be Plus Fitness members; b) be aged 18 years or over; and c) have been quoted as having referred a new member between the Promotion Dates, by way of the Promotion landing page or inside a Plus Fitness gym that is confirmed as running the campaign as detailed on the Promotion landing page.
- All other Plus Fitness membership terms and conditions apply in relation to membership. These can be viewed here; www.plusfitness.com.au/terms-and-conditions
- Employees and Franchisees of Plus Fitness, including any employees of Plus Fitness Franchisees, Australian Fitness Management Pty Ltd or any associated businesses and in each case, their close relatives are not eligible to enter.
- Plus Fitness will draw the winner at random by 6th August 2019 and the winner will be notified via email and telephone no later than 5pm on the same day. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not claimed their prize within 2 working days of the announcement of the winner, Plus Fitness reserves the right to re-draw the prize. Plus Fitness will issue the prize within 10 days of it being claimed.
- Plus Fitness shall not be responsible for entries which do not reach it before the closing date or are illegible, incomplete, corrupted lost or delayed, regardless of the cause, by way of example only, due to a technical malfunction, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind, or which do not satisfy the entrance conditions.
- Plus Fitness reserves the right to end any promotion without warning at any time.
- Plus Fitness will not be liable for any cancellations or changes to the Promotion, or for any loss or damage that any entrants or accompanying passengers suffer as a result of entering the Promotion provided that nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit the liability of Plus Fitness in relation to personal injury or death caused by Plus Fitness negligence or for fraud.
- There will be one winner of the Promotion, the winner will be granted a 10 night tropical island cruise for themselves and one accompanying passenger (“Winner”) with Voyager of the Seas.
- Travel insurance is included and is a requirement under the terms of this prize. The Winner will be provided a link to purchase this insurance themselves at the cost of Plus Fitness to the agreed value specified in Clause 13. The winner is advised to review the policy to be provided and in doing so are responsible to take out their own insurance if they deem that the included travel insurance does not provide adequate cover for their circumstances.
- Any additional costs beyond the inclusions of this prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- The value of the prize is up to $2778.23. The prize is for two people in a twin share, inside cabin at a value of $1350.00 per person plus travel insurance at a value of $78.23 for two people. The following is included in the cost;
§ 10 nights cruise accommodation onboard Voyager of the Seas
§ Meals onboard
§ Ice-skating rink
§ Rock climbing wall
§ In-line skating
§ Golf Simulator
§ 9-hole miniature golf course
§ Day Spa & Fitness Centre (access but no additional services)
§ Full-size basketball court
§ Youth Facilities
§ 24 Hour Royal Promenade
§ Casino Royale
§ Onboard Gratuities
§ Port Charges & Government Taxes
- Travel dates are currently as follows; departing on 30th March 2020, Returning on the 10th of April 2020. These dates are subject to change based on availability.
- If the Winner requires the dates and times of travel to be changed and an additional cost is incurred as a result of doing so then any such cost will be the responsibility of the Winner. No amount will be paid to the Winner if any changes in travel dates and times cause a reduction in the cost of travel.
- Travel must conclude no later than Monday 31st December 2020.
- If for any reason the Winner is not able to travel on the dates or times agreed, be that the dates referenced in Item 15 or any dates and times changed in line with these terms and conditions herein, then the Winner will forfeit the prize.
- The winner must disclose their full details and those of their accompanying passenger to Plus Fitness prior to travelling including a copy of their passport.
- The Winner and their accompanying passenger must sign a Waiver and Deed of Release with Plus Fitness prior to travelling.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable.